Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below; please follow the instructions to our applicant page online. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications.
- Analyst (Global Military and Other Specializations)
- Subscriber and Member Services Retention Specialist
- Senior Global Economy Analyst
Stratfor's team of analysts come from extremely diverse backgrounds and share an intense passion for understanding how the world operates through a geopolitical lens. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate a high quality of mind and energy for what we do.
We care about how you think, first and foremost. To be considered for an analyst position, you must be willing to internalize Stratfor's geopolitical methodology to make sense of the world. You must be willing to go beyond a narrow area of expertise to understand how issues connect across regions and themes. We are not in the business of making policy prescriptions: You must suppress biases, internalize the constraints shaping a state’s behavior and focus on what will happen versus what should happen. You must demonstrate both rigor and creativity in how you analyze fragments of information from intelligence feeds. You must possess the intellectual discipline to regularly have your baseline assumptions challenged without getting your feelings hurt. And you must love this enough to live and breathe the job. This is a fast-paced working environment that carries a lot of responsibility, and we need people who can not only handle the work, but who also thrive in a place where both speed and depth of analysis hold equal weight.
As a member of Stratfor’s core team of analysts, you will be responsible for supplying Stratfor’s main publishing arm with consistent, forward-looking intelligence and analysis and for providing briefings to Stratfor’s diverse set of clients.
Analysts are not only responsible for processing a large amount of information daily to stay on top of current events; a successful Stratfor analyst is able to step back from the noise, identify the key constraints to action and home in on the deeper trends in motion to develop long-term strategic forecasts. They must excel in using fragments of information and a geopolitical framework to build a coherent picture. While analysts have areas that they specialize in, our forecasts encompass political, economic, security and technological forces, requiring a well-rounded approach and the ability to absorb and transmit knowledge quickly. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, like to dig into a lot of issues at once, and are a pro at multitasking, this is a good place for you.
An analyst’s main output is in the form of written analysis for the company’s online publishing arm, as well as custom briefings for clients. Candidates must therefore demonstrate creativity and clarity in their thinking and writing. Stratfor’s engagement with clients and international media also necessitate a professional presence with excellent briefing and verbal communication skills.
All Analyst positions are based at the company headquarters in Austin, TX
In addition to the responsibilities listed above for all analyst candidates, we are seeking analysts who meets the following specific additional criteria:
Global Military Analyst
- Eligibility to work in the United States. This position is based out of the company headquarters in Austin, Texas
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience and completion of advanced degrees
- Depth in the understanding of military theory, history and practice
- Familiarity with emerging military concepts, doctrines, modernization programs, electronic warfare and cybersecurity
- Interest and understanding of military technology and weaponry, logistics and industry
- In-depth knowledge of active and emerging conflicts
- Established network of relevant contacts and subject matter experts is a plus; Ideal candidates will have work experience in their area of interest
- Ability to construct clear, logical analytical arguments with supporting evidence
- Rigor, professionalism and resourcefulness in conducting research
- Genuine interest and skill in writing
- A professional presence with excellent briefing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly challenging environment and under tight deadlines
- Must be a self-starter; candidates must show the ability to manage their own time and work constructively as a member of a local and virtual overseas team
- Ability to understand key political, economic, energy, security, historical and social trends shaping a region in addition to core military assessment; Candidates must demonstrate ability to cover the region as a whole in addition to specific country expertise through a military lens. Candidates must be comfortable covering a range of issues in depth. For example, a Stratfor Global Military Analyst would be responsible for covering the tactical evolution of the Syrian battlefield, gaming out military scenarios for a conflict in Northeast Asia or the South China Sea, and understanding the strategic direction of China’s military modernization
- Language capabilities in addition to English are a major plus
Please submit a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample to [email protected]. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined.
This position offers an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in a fast-growing Austin-based Geopolitical intelligence firm servicing a wide range of individual, corporate and governmental clients. We’re currently seeking a polished and professional Subscriber Services Specialist to join our Subscriber and Member Services team to assist new and current subscribers by both phone, chat and email. This position will focus on providing a world class, positive and memorable experience to our individual subscribers and will play a key role in saving and winning back our customers.
- Retaining subscribers and clients through retention and sales strategies
- Make outbound calls to existing and past customers
- Answering inbound calls, chats and emails
- Assisting subscribers with “business as usual” technical issues such as, logging in, receiving content via email, and browser compatibility issues
- Promote additional Stratfor products and services by recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling
- Guide users through completion of the purchasing process
- Document relevant subscriber and client information as well as great detail regarding recurring technical issues to be sent to the technical team to further investigate
In addition to being a sales and retention rock star, you are passionate about providing a positive customer experience. You are a strong team player with a “can do” attitude and entrepreneurial mindset. World events and geopolitics are of genuine interest to you.
Strong candidates should have
- Customer-centric demeanor, strong sales, retention and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate professionally in written form, as well as over the phone
- Ability to remain calm and defuse internal and external customer situations
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn from others
- Outgoing, professional personality and presence
- Willingness to seek out information and have an entrepreneurial outlook
- Basic PC and Mac knowledge is a requirement
- Prior customer service, sales and retention experience is required
- Experience working with subscription-based products is preferred
- Strong work ethic, dependability, flexibility
- Some basic technical skills required, to assist subscribers with common website troubleshooting, such as login problems, password resetting, and printing across a variety of platforms: PC, Mac, mobile phones, tablets, etc.
Our offices are in Austin, Texas. An experienced business intelligence and services company, our work environment is entrepreneurial, fast-paced, creative, tech and market savvy, team-oriented and fun. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Please email your resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
Stratfor Enterprises, LLC, is seeking to employ one H-1B nonimmigrant in the occupational classification of Senior Global Economy Analyst at a salary from $67,558 to $70,000 for the period from 10/01/2018 to 09/30/2021 in Austin, Texas, United States. The labor condition application is available for public inspection at the same address. Complaints alleging misrepresentation of material facts in the labor condition application and/or failure to comply with the terms of the labor condition application may be filed with the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Chicago National Processing Center, 536 South Clark Street, 12th Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60605–1509, telephone: (312) 886–8000, facsimile: (312) 353–3352, help desk email: [email protected], or with any office of the Wage and Hour Division of the United States Department of Labor.
Please submit a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample to [email protected]. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor.