Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below; please follow the instructions to our applicant page online. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications.
Stratfor is an equal employment opportunity employer. If you need assistance or an accommodation in completing your application due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected] or (512) 993-5560.
- VP of Analysis & Intelligence Operations
- Front-End Application Developer
- Global Security Specialist
- Social Media Intern
- UX/UI Product Designer
As the VP of Analysis & Intelligence you will leverage your knowledge and experience to lead and direct Stratfor's Open Source Intelligence and Analysis operations, from collection through analysis to dissemination. This is a hands-on, operational position — and not one for anyone interested in being on the news as a talking head. The position is based in Austin, TX, and the key responsibilities are setting the firm's analytical agenda, leading the teams responsible for open-source collection and analysis production, as well as resource allocation to enable the Intelligence and Analysis team to fulfill current and future content, product and services requirements. The ideal candidate will have working level experience in both the Intelligence Community and the private sector.
- Primarily an inward facing role; sets the overall analytical agenda for the firm, and drives the daily analysis cadence as well as the forecast and the intelligence collection cycle;
- Intelligence and Analysis coordination; operationally engaged with the team on a daily basis; day-to-day analytic and content creation guidance for Stratfor's various products; final decision maker on the firm's analytic strategy requirements as well as daily analytical coverage;
- Budgetary responsibility for the department; HR oversight to include performance reviews for the department;
- Directly manages the subordinate elements and mid-level management responsible for open-source information and data collection as well as the production of original analyses.
- Works closely with managers reporting to them on all operational aspects of open-source information and data collection, as well as the orchestration of the analyst teams to produce commercially-relevant insights for consumption by corporate enterprise customers; meets regularly with and leverages Thought Leadership on strategy and topics.
- Position is Austin based;
- NOT sales; or a talking head on TV (we have enough of them); or thrown into a BD role (though client interactions will be involved).
Skills & Requirements
- Experienced in the management of intelligence and analytical services teams ranging in size from a minimum of 25 to 50 or more persons. Must have previous experience leading, managing, and training such teams through the cycle of open-source information and intelligence production; analytical insight generation, to include the creation of professional analysis suitable for review and consumption by senior-level corporate executives; and optimal methods for presenting to, and engaging with, corporate clients face-to-face.
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 15 years of experience leading and directing analytical teams as well as deep familiarity within the risk management industry, including in-depth knowledge of and past experience with best practices for producing commercially-relevant risk analysis for large-scale corporate enterprises, intimate knowledge of the risk management industry and what differentiates Stratfor's analytical services from other leading providers of geopolitical and political risk services, as well as first-hand experience leading and responding to the key questions raised by senior-level (C-Suite and echelons below) corporate enterprise customers.
- Ideal candidate will be experienced in advanced methods for collecting and interpreting open-source information and data, as well as building and implementing structured analytical techniques and comparative methodologies to produce insights on current and prospective geopolitical risks.
- Ideal candidate will have past experience building and mentoring teams of analysts in the collection and production of commercially-relevant risk analysis.
- Ideal candidate will have past experience in the full range of workforce management, analytical production, resource allocation and budgeting, and custom advisory services project delivery lifecycle, especially in support of corporate enterprise clients.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
- Creativity and clarity in constructing clear, logical arguments with supporting evidence
- Clear and compelling writing skills
- Rigor and resourcefulness in conducting research
- Well-rounded and in-depth understanding of regional or thematic focus for which you are interviewing. Rather than country or narrow issue experts, we are looking for candidates that can understand the key political, economic, energy, security, historical and social trends shaping a region.
- Self-starter qualities; the ability to manage your own own time and work constructively as a member of a local and virtual overseas team
- Relevant foreign language capabilities in addition to a strong command in written English is a major plus
All Analyst positions are based at the company headquarters in Austin, TX.
Please submit a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample to [email protected]. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined. Please specify if you have eligibility to work in the United States.
Skills We're Looking For
Front-end web application development
Experience working collaboratively using Git and GitHub
Experience building out responsive web designs
Focus on quality design, usability, and user experience (UX)
Excellent communication and collaboration skills and attention to detail
Familiarity with security best practices
Familiarity with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
Experience using Sass/Compass to generate CSS (or other CSS pre-processors, such as Less or Stylus)
Experience working with (and preferably contributing to) open source projects
Experience in Drupal theming (or similar content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, etc.), HTML5, CSS3, and cross-browser testing
Experience building out responsive email campaigns
UI/UX design, mobile web and application design, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Unbounce, front-end frameworks, Unix basics, Vagrant, Ansible, Redmine, Node.js, A/B and multivariate testing (MVT) tools such as Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) or Google Content experiments
We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with the team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics, world events or are a history buff, then this is definitely the place to be.
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected] along with links to sites and/or open source projects you’ve worked on, including a description of your contribution.
The Global Security Specialist works within the analyst team, producing customer-driven Stratfor analytical products while also building relationships with Stratfor client contacts and providing exceptional support and analysis. The incumbent provides subject matter expertise to support other Stratfor internal teams, communicating client interests and needs within the analysis, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Work as a member of the analyst team, responsible for applying knowledge and expertise about global security incidents, tactics and trends to the geographic and topical areas of interest to clients. Must master and utilize the Stratfor intelligence method to create original analysis and products.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with key client contacts to help customers better understand and use Stratfor products and resources. Act as the primary point of contact for clients to request and receive analysis and information from the analyst team.
- Prepare and deliver written and oral briefings in collaboration with the analyst team in response to client requests. Manage the production of customized analytical projects. Provide quality control for analytical deliverables.
- Collaborate with the analyst, sales, marketing and product teams to ensure deep and nuanced internal understanding of client needs and interests. Proactively share client feedback on projects and products.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Stratfor sales, marketing and account management teams throughout the sales cycle to identify areas of potential opportunity and risk. Work with the sales team to align customer interests to Stratfor capabilities and products, specifically supporting sales demonstrations and trials of Stratfor products.
Experience and Qualifications
- Ideal candidate must have 3-5 years of experience working with multinational corporations in the corporate security, risk management, strategic planning, supply chain security, international logistics, business continuity or related fields.
- Solid understanding of global strategic and tactical security concerns, in addition to situational awareness of world events, including political, military and economic issues.
- Strong understanding of how strategic and tactical threats could impact corporate operations and interests; understanding of how corporations and international organizations use strategic and tactical intelligence.
- Open to new ideas, information and viewpoints; ready to learn. Willingness to collaborate with, and take recommendations and criticism from, all members of the Stratfor analytical team, regardless of their experience or seniority. Willingness to consider, address and incorporate constructive criticism.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills. Experience creating intelligence analysis, assessments or other similar products strongly desired.
- Self-starter who can manage his or her own time, independently set daily and long-term priorities, and work as a constructive member of a local and virtual team.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Education must include a bachelor’s degree at minimum.
- Foreign language aptitude and travel experience is preferred.
- This role will be based in Austin, Texas; the ideal candidate will live in Austin or be willing to relocate to Austin.
To apply to this position please send your resume to [email protected].
Stratfor, the world's leading geopolitical intelligence platform, is seeking a social media intern for the summer session. Your role will be to support a cross-departmental team that produces communications that highlight our work and support our corporate narrative. As a social media intern, your work will help develop brand identity as well as identify and build relationships.
Applicants must demonstrate a knowledge and successful use of social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Reddit. In this position you will have the opportunity to develop content and content strategies that help translate Stratfor's unique focus on geopolitics and current events to social media.
- Work with the onsite Social Media Manager to create and implement campaigns.
- Monitor analytics with the social media team to develop new strategies for audience engagement.
- Create engaging blog and social media content that incorporates visuals and audio for deepening engagement.
- Provide support to social media team with scheduling content that builds brand awareness.
- Provide support to social media team with reaching out to social influencers across platforms.
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts.
- Provide support to our marketing team as requested.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and three clear demonstrations of your social media strategy and success to [email protected] with "Social Media Intern Application" in the subject line.
Austin-based global publishing company Stratfor is currently seeking a UX/UI Product Designer. We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with an experienced team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence using cutting-edge web technology. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics and world events, then this is definitely the place to be.
Skills We’re Seeking
User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design experience
Deep knowledge of user-centric design
Strong visual design and prototyping skills
Focus on mobile-first web design
Experience designing both native and hybrid (responsive web) apps
Experience working collaboratively with developers to implement designs
Highly skilled in UX/UI software tools (Adobe CS Suite, Adobe XD, Sketch, etc.)
Understanding of design constraints related to web development
Meticulous attention to detail
Excellent communication and time-management skills
Bachelor's degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), graphic design, or related field
Familiarity with Mac OS X
Understanding of front-end web development
Experience designing for content management systems, such as Drupal, WordPress, etc.
Experience designing for front-end frameworks, such as AngularJS, Ember.js, etc.
Responsive email campaign design
Experience working with version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.)
Please send a resume, along with a portfolio demonstrating diverse skills in UX architecture and design to [email protected].