Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below; please follow the instructions to our applicant page online. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications.
- Account Executive, Enterprise Sales
- Content Editor
- Director, Public Relations
- Front-End Web/Drupal Developer
Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence and advisory firm. Founded on the principle that transformative world events are not random, but are in fact predictable, Stratfor analyses and forecasts reveal the underlying significance and future implications of emerging developments. Globally engaged individuals, professionals, Fortune 500 companies, universities and organizations across an array of industries turn to Stratfor for accurate, actionable geopolitical intelligence and analysis that helps them make sense of an increasingly complex world.
The Account Executive is a sales-focused role, designed to develop and grow Stratfor’s business. The Enterprise Sales Account Executive will support executives and/or other managers at target companies responsible for global strategy, security, and research. The Account Executive will work with Stratfor’s Enterprise Sales department leadership and business development team, along with Stratfor’s product teams, to identify and prioritize potential clients, develop engagement strategies, establish and develop relationships with key clients, develop a sales pipeline and translate developmental discussions about our offerings into increased revenues.
- Full understanding of the client’s key challenges, global operations and risk areas, international strategy and then translating and aligning Stratfor’s capabilities to create a strategy to help the client identify risk or opportunity.
- Focused on selling Stratfor’s high-value, enterprise-level Worldview and Threat Lens products and services, to include geopolitical intelligence and analysis, strategic forecasting, country assessments, security risk assessments, global incident monitoring, and consultations around how global developments impact operations.
- Maintaining ongoing awareness of Stratfor’s analytical coverage and forecasting to support related sales.
- Maintaining the overall relationship with strategic key accounts. The Account Executive acts as the primary business contact for the client at the senior executive level.
- Directly identifying and developing business opportunities with strategic key accounts; developing and sustaining a robust pipeline of deals and closes large, profitable, deals to achieve or exceed agreed sales targets.
- Responsible for the leadership, management, and performance of resources supporting the client pre-sales, proposal, and delivery stages.
- Ability in negotiating non-standard terms and conditions as required for complex multi-functional intelligence engagements and leading contract negotiations with customers.
- Ensuring Key Account Customer Satisfaction to develop future business opportunities and provides appropriate and timely feedback to internal delivery groups to enable them to react positively to customer issues and to enhance products and services for continuous improvement and maintaining market differentiation.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Candidate ideally would have 10+ years of experience in enterprise sales, and a proven track record of selling services and engaging with senior executives on issues related to global strategy, organizational security concerns, risk management, intelligence operations, and/or research.
- Possesses strong commercial skills, the ability to visualize, describe and structure deals.
- Must be a self-starter, who can manage his or her own time, build a sales opportunity pipeline and work as a member of a local and virtual team.
- Some work will require short turn-around times to support time-sensitive requirements, while other work will have longer sale cycles, but the ability to develop relationships and leverage Stratfor’s content and expertise into saleable consulting services is critical.
- Solid understanding of world events, including political, economic and security issues.
- Must have strong executive presence, strong oral and written communication abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of how corporations and other organizations use strategic intelligence would be useful, as would any commercial experience, but these skills are less important than the ability to build strategic relationships.
- Experience with intelligence operations is preferred.
- Education must include a bachelor’s degree at minimum.
- Foreign language aptitude and travel experience is preferred.
- Location in Austin, Texas is required.
- This role may require 25%+ travel, depending on client locations.
Please forward resumes to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
- Creativity and clarity in constructing clear, logical arguments with supporting evidence
- Clear and compelling writing skills
- Rigor and resourcefulness in conducting research
- Well-rounded and in-depth understanding of regional or thematic focus for which you are interviewing. Rather than country or narrow issue experts, we are looking for candidates that can understand the key political, economic, energy, security, historical and social trends shaping a region.
- Self-starter qualities; the ability to manage your own own time and work constructively as a member of a local and virtual overseas team
- Relevant foreign language capabilities in addition to a strong command in written English is a major plus
All Analyst positions are based at the company headquarters in Austin, TX.
Please submit a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample to [email protected]. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined. Please specify if you have eligibility to work in the United States.
We're not even a quarter way into the 21st century and it's already shaping up to be a doozy. At Stratfor, we're looking for skilled wordsmiths with a knack for navigating complex terrain and decoding intricate ideas; writer-editors who can work with our analysts to present concepts and assessments that will shape the perceptions of global influencers.
Some people are natural content editors, getting deep into the weeds of a written argument to bring clarity and focus. Other folks are natural copy editors, with a meticulous eye for grammatical and factual accuracy. We need a prospective member of the Stratfor publishing team to be both: Someone as comfortable doing broad-brush rewrites as they are making deft swipes with a sharpened proofreader's pencil. The nature of the work we do requires mental flexibility, intellectual curiosity and tenacious thinking. You should excel at communicating complex ideas in clear and compelling ways. We need a talented professional who sweats the details, takes pride in their work and doesn't accept "good enough."
Our beat is the world. Having a healthy interest in travel, geography, people, international affairs and the global system is a definite advantage, but you don't need a degree in political science to be on our team. There's more to this job than meets the eye, and you'll be working with people and subject matter that will keep you sharp. If you're a driven, talented communicator interested in seeing the world in a different way, you might just be the person we're looking for. Stratfor is an equal-opportunity employer and supports talent from all walks of life, irrespective of labels and definitions that sound more suited to condiments than human beings. We promise to respect you for who you are and what you bring to the table.
Essential Qualities, Desirable Experience
- Hungry to learn — even if you don't know all the answers, understand the right questions to ask
- Professional writing experience — we won't always have time to cover the basics
- Prior experience taking ownership of projects and assignments
- Strong collaborative tendencies and the ability to add value in a small but talented team
- Patience and perseverance — you can't be deterred by the first hiccup
- The ability to graciously give and receive feedback, including constructive criticism
- Character that inspires confidence — you should be proactive in all matters
- Committed to ethical integrity — we're an analysis and information-based publication and we can't compromise our standards
- Comfortable and experienced working with dense, analytic prose of various lengths
- A familiarity with the latest content management systems, SEO practices and social platforms is a definite bonus
Please email a cover letter and your resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line. Note that this is for a full-time position, working from Stratfor's headquarters in Austin, Texas.
Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence and advisory firm. Our goal is to empower businesses and organizations to more confidently navigate their way through an increasingly complex international environment by providing predictive insight bringing global events into valuable perspective. We partner with clients to help identify opportunities, make strategic decisions, and manage risk. Stratfor’s advisory services clients are fund managers and senior executives of global multinational corporations, financial institutions, as well as government agencies and premier universities around the world.
- Overseeing external communications and media relations efforts, to include pitching and coordinating interviews with analysts
- Lead corporate communications to ensure consistent brand and marketing messaging across channels
- Building, maintaining and improving relationships with major national and international media
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Managing and growing media contact database
- Issues management, drafting of talking points and training staff to consistently represent the company
- Measuring impact of media relations activity using industry best practices
- Managing broadcast studio and providing technical support for live television interviews and live streaming events
- Writing, editing and producing marketing content as needed
- Overseeing social media PR strategies and tactics
- Assisting with consumer communications
The Public Relations Director will be expected to independently manage and execute these duties while coordinating closely with the marketing, business development and analyst teams. The director will plan and execute media outreach campaigns and will keep in constant contact with many of the world’s top journalists and producers.
You have strong experience in the PR/communications/journalism world and are looking for a new challenge where you can really make an impact. You speak the same language as the reporters and producers you’ll be engaging with and intrinsically understand what they do and don’t need. You’re the kind of person who can’t start your day without reading the latest global headlines and understands the difference between reporting and true analytical context.
Strong candidates should:
- be voracious news consumers and have a real passion for global affairs, history and geopolitics
- be self-starters with proven success working independently
- have a proven track record pitching media, crafting messaging and managing the entire media outreach process from idea to execution to measuring success
- have at least 2-3 years of prior experience in managing communications and/or public relations activities for a high-profile organization
- have outstanding interpersonal communication and organizational skills with a background of building consensus across departments
- be able to work with a wide range of professionals, from well-known authors to junior associates
- have strong phone and email communications experience
Exceptional candidates would have:
- experience working with national and international media organizations
- experience in crisis and strategic communications
- experience as a journalist, editor or producer
- existing relationships with journalists who cover global affairs for major media
- experience in media training techniques for TV, radio and print
Please email your resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with the team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics, world events or are a history buff, then this is definitely the place to be.
- Expertise in Drupal theming (or similar content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, etc.), HTML5, CSS3, and cross-browser testing
- Familiarity with key Drupal site-building modules such as Views, Features, Context, Panels, Display Suite, etc.
- Familiarity with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
- Experience working collaboratively using Git and GitHub
- Experience using Sass/Compass to generate CSS (or other CSS pre-processors, such as Less or Stylus)
- Experience building out responsive web designs and responsive email campaigns
- Focus on quality design, usability, and user experience (UX)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with (and preferably contributing to) open source projects
- Familiarity with security best practices
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- UI/UX design, mobile web and application design/development, Google Analytics, Unbounce, front-end frameworks (AngularJS, Backbone.js, etc.), Unix basics, Vagrant, Ansible, Redmine, Node.js, A/B and multivariate testing (MVT) tools such as Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) or Google Content experiments
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected] along with links to sites and/or open source projects you’ve worked on, including a description of your contribution.