Zhixing Zhang focuses on political, security and economic issues pertaining to China and Southeast Asia. Her areas of focus include China's foreign policy and socio-political development, maritime conflicts in the South and East China seas, and political and economic development in Southeast Asia.
Ms. Zhang is a native of China. She graduated from China's Peking University, with a major in political science. She received her first master's degree from Renmin University of China, and her second master's in public policy under full fellowship from the University of Texas at Austin. Ms. Zhang is fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Chinese politics, security, society and foreign policy
- Asia-Pacific maritime security
- Insurgency and political and economic development in Myanmar
- Emerging economies of Southeast Asia
- Political trends and issues in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos