Editor's Note: The following is an internal Stratfor document listing significant meetings and events planned for the next week. Stratfor analysts use this to stay informed of the activities and travel of world leaders and to guide their areas of focus for the week.
- Nov. 12: German Chancellor Angela Merkel will meet with Portuguese President Anibal Cavaco Silva and Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho in Portugal to discuss the eurozone crisis.
- Nov. 12: Eurozone finance ministers will meet in Brussels to discuss the situation in Greece.
- Nov. 14: Russian Prime Minister Dmitri Medvedev is expected to visit Finland and meet with his Finnish counterpart, Jyrki Katainen, and President Sauli Niinisto.
- Nov. 14: General strikes are expected to take place in Spain, Portugal and possibly Greece.
- Nov. 15: Brazilian Vice President Michel Temer will visit Germany.
- Nov. 16: The Organization of Ibero-American States, which represents the Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking communities in Europe and the Americas, will hold its annual conference in Cadiz, Spain.
- Nov. 17: Czech trade unions are expected to to stage anti-government protests in Prague.
FORMER SOVIET UNION
- Nov. 12: Azerbaijani and Turkish diaspora organizations are expected to hold a joint demonstration in front of the Armenian Embassy in Paris to protest Armenian President Serzh Sarkisian's visit to France.
- Nov. 14: Foreign ministers from Russia and member states of the Gulf Cooperation Council are expected to meet in Riyadh to discuss political and business cooperation.
- Nov. 15: Russian natural gas supplier Gazprom is expected discuss the terms of its natural gas supply contract with Bulgaria.
- Nov. 16: In Moscow, the 14th round of intergovernmental negotiations between Russia and Germany will take place. Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel will meet during the Petersburg Dialogue, a civil society forum.
- Nov. 12-13: Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt will visit Myanmar to meet President Thein Sein, lawmakers, representatives of ethnic minorities and opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi.
- Nov. 12-17: The Navy and the Philippine Air Force will hold the annual Dagit exercise to enhance interoperability and improve maritime security capabilities.
- Nov. 15-16: International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde will visit the Philippines as part of a tour aimed at finding insights about how to solve the eurozone crisis.
- Nov. 15-18: Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will visit Japan to take part in the annual Japan-India summit. He will meet with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda to discuss enhancing and strengthening the countries' strategic partnership.
- Nov. 16: U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta will visit Cambodia to discuss strengthening military ties between the two countries.
- Nov. 18-20: An Association of Southeast Asian Nations summit and an East Asia summit will take place in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Nov. 18-20: Singh will visit Cambodia to take part in the India-Association of Southeast Asian Nations Summit.
- Nov. 11-18: Costa Rican President Laura Chinchilla will visit Mexico on Nov. 11-14 and Spain on Nov. 14-18.
- Nov. 14: Peru will host a tripartite conference in Lima with Brazilian and Bolivian officials to discuss cross-border law enforcement and counternarcotics operations.
- Nov. 15: Bolivia's new investment law will come into effect, simplifying the country's investment process.
- Nov. 15: Peace talks between the Colombian government and the rebel Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia will take place in Havana, Cuba.
- Nov. 15-16: The Peru-Chile Frontier Committee will meet in Arica, Chile, for initial talks on a maritime border dispute.
- Nov. 16-19: A 144-man trade delegation from the China Council for Promotion of International Trade will visit Sao Paulo, Brazil, to try to facilitate Chinese imports to the country.
- Unspecified dates: A fact-finding mission from the European Union will visit Paraguay for five days to assess the country's internal political situation.
- Unspecified date: Brazil is expected to launch a stimulus package for the country's ports.
- Unspecified date: Mexican President-elect Enrique Pena Nieto will meet with U.S. President Barack Obama to define bilateral positions.
MIDDLE EAST/NORTH AFRICA
- Nov. 11-13: Doha will host the Qatar Defense Logistics and Support Forum under the auspices of the Qatari armed forces. The event will involve senior military officers from around the region.
- Nov. 11-14: The United Arab Emirates will host the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference.
- Nov. 11-14: Croatian President Ivo Josipovic will make an official visit to Qatar to meet with Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani and open a Croatian Embassy in Doha, which will be the first Croatian diplomatic mission in Qatar.
- Nov. 12: Lebanon will hold a forum in which various political leaders will discuss ongoing threats posed by the turmoil in neighboring Syria, along with other issues including internal political and security concerns.
- Nov. 12-13: The United Arab Emirates will host the World Economic Forum's Regional Organization Forum in Dubai.
- Nov. 13: Bids are due for the privatization tender for Turkey's Bogazici Elektrik power grid.
- Nov. 13-14: Iran and Lebanon will hold the First Conference of Mutual Economic and Industrial Cooperation in Tehran.
- Nov. 14: A Saudi general court will hold its next session in the high-profile trial of Egyptian lawyer Ahmed al-Gizawy, who was arrested in Saudi Arabia on drug smuggling charges.
- Nov. 14: Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan's new government will be inaugurated by the General National Congress in Tripoli.
- Nov. 14-15: Muslim countries will mark the Islamic New Year (subject to lunar sightings).
- Nov. 16-17: Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and a delegation of Turkish businessmen and ministers will visit Egypt to meet with President Mohammed Morsi and other political and business leaders.
- Unspecified date: The Egyptian Constituent Assembly has set mid-November as a deadline for a vote of approval on the constitutional draft, a necessary step before the draft can be voted on in a national referendum.
- Nov. 12-13: Zimbabwe will hold the Zimbabwe Diamond mining conference, involving world mining ministers and sector heads.
- Nov. 15: The Zimbabwean Finance Ministry will propose the 2013 budget law.
- Unspecified date: Negotiations on Nigeria's constitutional form will begin.
- Unspecified date: Malawi's parliament will debate an ongoing lake border dispute with Tanzania.