Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below, but if you would like to send your resume (CV) along with a cover letter outlining your interest in Stratfor, we can keep you on file. Please list which role you may be interested in on the subject line of the email to [email protected]. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications. Thank you for your interest in Stratfor.
- Analysts: Middle East, Global Economy and Global Energy
- Web Quality Assurance Specialist
- Director of Operations (DO)
- Editorial Intern
More information about living in Austin is available at www.austinnewcomeronline.com.
Stratfor's team of analysts come from extremely diverse backgrounds, but share an intense passion for understanding how the world operates through a geopolitical lens. Stratfor is taking applications on a rolling basis to scout out candidates that demonstrate a high quality of mind and energy for what we do. As we build out our team of analysts, openings will become available. If you are a prime analyst candidate for Stratfor, make sure we have your resume in our database to call on you when that opportunity arises. We are currently seeking to fill positions for a Middle East Analyst, Global Economy Analyst and Global Energy Analyst. All positions will be based out of the company headquarters in Austin, TX.
We care about how you think, not what security clearance or how many degrees you hold. To be considered for an Analyst position, you must be willing to internalize Stratfor's geopolitical methodology to make sense of the world. You must be willing to go beyond a narrow area of expertise to understand how issues connect across regions and themes. You must demonstrate both rigor and creativity in how you analyze intelligence. You must possess the intellectual discipline to regularly challenge baseline assumptions without getting your feelings hurt. And you must love this enough to live, breathe and eat the job. This is a fast-paced working environment that carries a lot of responsibility, and we need people who can not only handle the work, but also thrive in a place where both speed and depth hold equal weight.
As an analyst, you will be responsible for processing incoming intelligence daily for service consulting clients and Stratfor's geopolitical website with consistent, forward-looking intelligence and analysis. Analysts are required to leave ideology at the door and maintain a sober approach in analyzing how the political, economic, security and social factors combine to form a forecast. In this position, you will regularly contribute articles for Stratfor's website and will deliver briefings for a variety of Stratfor clients. Candidates will thus need to demonstrate strong communication skills in both writing and speaking.
Analysts are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds and interests, including international relations, global trade, economics, technological innovation, engineering and science. We encourage people of diverse educational and professional backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be evaluated not just for a particular area of expertise, but for their ability to see connections on a global scale. Please highlight your language skills, relevant experience and regional/thematic focus in your application.
Specific requirements for all positions
- An understanding of economics and finance
- Depth and understanding of the key political, economic, energy, security and social trends shaping the region
- Ability to construct analytical arguments with supporting evidence
- Strong research skills
- Interest and skill in writing
- A professional presence with excellent briefing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly challenging environment
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Relevant foreign language skills are a big plus
Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence firm that provides strategic analysis and forecasting to individuals and organizations around the world. By placing global events in a geopolitical framework, we help subscribers and customers anticipate opportunities and better understand international developments.
Please send a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample [email protected]. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined above. If selected to move forward in the process, a member of our team will contact you. Due to the large number of applicants, we are unable to respond to individual queries at this time.
Austin based global publishing company is currently seeking a Web Quality Assurance Specialist. The ideal candidate would have some programming experience and extensive web experience. The position will involve devising, developing, and maintaining a suite of automated web Q.A. tests.
We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with the team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics, world events, or are a history buff, and have an interest in working with cutting edge web and open-source technologies then this is definitely the place to be.
Skills We're Seeking:
- Experience writing Q.A. test plans
- Experience developing Q.A. test scripts, including behavior driven development (BDD) style testing, functional testing, test harness setup, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Familiarity with basic scripting in languages such as PHP
- Ability to work at a fast pace and learn new technologies quickly, with minimal direction
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills
Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence firm that provides strategic analysis and forecasting to individuals and organizations around the world. By placing global events in a geopolitical framework, we help customers anticipate opportunities and better understand international developments. Stratfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a cover letter of no longer than 400 words and resume/CV to [email protected]. Consider providing links to sites and/or open source projects you've worked on, along with a description of your contribution.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Operations is to work closely with the Chief Operating Officer in developing, implementing and evaluating the operations of the firm including procedures, programs, functions, and activities. The DO has overall responsibility to monitor workflow throughout the company and ensure seamless integration between analysis, production, and delivery to meet business demand. The DO monitors and prioritizes assignments across the firm, identifies competing assignments and prioritizes for optimal outcomes. The DO ensures positive client and employee relations. The DO will also conduct business analysis, product development, staffing and organizational design, operational legal compliance, and strategic planning to drive the firm towards achieving its vision.
The DO reports to the COO and works closely with all departments within the firm including the Chief Finance Officer, VP of Intelligence Operations (VP-IO), VP of Custom Intelligence Services (VP-CIS), Executive Director of Marketing, Chief Information Officer, Director of Research, and General Counsel. Other key interfaces include Chief Executive Officer, Chief Intelligence Officer, Chief International Officer, Editor in Chief, Director of Area Specialists, Director of Public Relations, Director of Human Resources, and outside business entities.
- Serve as the primary liaison between all business operations.
- Drive the execution of multiple work streams by identifying consumer and operational needs.
- Analyze resources, costs, and forecasts and incorporate them into business plans.
- Plot and monitor projects and individual assignments throughout the analysis, production and delivery of project outputs.
- Gain cross-functional support for business plans and priorities.
- Translate business strategy into actionable business requirements on a daily basis.
- Obtain and distribute resources.
- Manage firm-wide international travel coordination and safety.
- Set standards and measure progress.
- Identify and remove obstacles that impact performance.
- Guide performance and develop contingency plans accordingly.
- Coordinate with the Director of Intelligence Operations to assign and post watch cycles to ensure seamless business continuity.
- Assist the COO during conflicting priorities to ensure all interests are met during high demand.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with executive leadership.
- Strong financial/business acumen and ability to understand business problems to form appropriate analyses and decision making.
- Strong ability to interpret data and make actionable business recommendations.
- Ability to form relationships/partnerships and lead by influence.
- Ability to be successful and to achieve goals in a complex organizational environment.
- Ability to manage time and priorities while still driving multiple projects at once.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with many types of people at all levels of experience (technical to creative – executive to entry level).
- Strong in MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
The fully qualified candidate will possess a Bachelors Degree with two to four years or more of work related experience. An MBA, a Certification in Project Management or 2 years of experience in business analysis is strongly preferred.
Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence firm that provides strategic analysis and forecasting to individuals and organizations around the world. By placing global events in a geopolitical framework, we help customers anticipate opportunities and better understand international developments.
Please submit a brief cover letter of no more than 400 words and your resume/CV to our applications page.
Stratfor is seeking an editorial intern for an hourly paid summer internship (up to 30 hours per week). Stratfor's Austin-based editorial operations focus on the production of daily analyses on diverse global events in standard and accessible language. The intern will work with staff writers to rewrite and edit reports produced by analysts into a standard voice. He or she will also produce short situation reports for the website about occurrences around the world.
- Skilled writer/journalist with superior command of the English language.
- Editing, copyediting and/or proofreading experience in print and/or digital media.
- Familiarity with global affairs and current events.
- Passionate interest in learning about the specifics of geopolitical analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Must conform writing to company editorial guidelines.
- Familiarity with AP Style a plus.
- Demonstrate an ability to adapt quickly.
- Accept and internalize constructive criticism.
- Read and think critically.
- Work collaboratively with editorial and analytical teams.
- Take the initiative when necessary.