Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below; please follow the instructions to our applicant page online. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications. We do not have any positions posted on Craigslist. If you have any questions about the authenticity of a job posting you find on an external site, please contact [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in working for Stratfor.
More information about living in Austin is available at www.austinnewcomeronline.com.
Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence and advisory firm. We partner with clients to help identify opportunities, make strategic decisions, and manage risk. Stratfor’s advisory services clients are fund managers and senior executives of global multinational corporations, financial institutions, as well as government agencies and premier universities around the world.
The Account Executive is a sales-focused role, designed to develop and grow Stratfor’s business. The ThreatLens Account Executive will support corporate security executives and/or other security managers responsible for organizational security, protective intelligence management, along with global security and tactical security concerns. The Account Executive will work with Stratfor’s Enterprise Sales department leadership and business development team, along with Stratfor’s ThreatLens team, to identify and prioritize potential clients, develop engagement strategies, establish and develop relationships with key clients, develop a sales pipeline and translate developmental discussions about our offerings into increased revenues.
- Fully understanding the client’s key challenges, operational risk areas, and global security concerns and then translating and aligning Stratfor’s capabilities to create a strategy to help mitigate risk to the client.
- Focused on selling Stratfor’s high-value ThreatLens products and services, to include security risk assessments, global security monitoring, monitoring of protective intelligence threats, and tactical security support.
- Maintaining ongoing awareness of Stratfor’s analytical coverage and forecasting to support related sales.
- Maintaining the overall relationship with strategic key accounts. The Account Executive acts as the primary business contact for the client at the senior executive level.
- Directly identifying and developing business opportunities with strategic key accounts; developing and sustaining a robust pipeline of deals and closes large, profitable, deals to achieve or exceed agreed sales targets.
- Developing opportunities for other delivery channels including digital media, multi-client and presentation opportunities.
- Responsible for the leadership, management, and performance of resources supporting the client pre-sales, proposal, and delivery stages.
- Ability in negotiating non-standard terms and conditions as required for complex multi-functional intelligence engagements and leading contract negotiations with customers.
- Ensuring Key Account Customer Satisfaction to develop future business opportunities and provides appropriate and timely feedback to internal delivery groups to enable them to react positively to customer issues and to enhance products and services for continuous improvement and maintaining market differentiation.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Candidate ideally would have 10+ years of experience in the corporate security and/or consulting industry and a proven track record of selling services, and engaging with senior executives on issues related to global security concerns, risk management, intelligence operations, military and/or law enforcement.
- Must have strong executive presence, strong oral and written communication abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong commercial skills, the ability to visualize, describe and structure deals, solid understanding of tactical and strategic security issues, risk management and global security operations.
- Must be a self-starter who can manage their own time and work as a member of a local and virtual team.
- Some work will require short turn-around times to support time-sensitive security concerns, while other work will have longer sale cycles, but the ability to develop relationships and leverage Stratfor’s content and expertise into saleable consulting services is critical.
- An understanding of how corporate and other organizations’ security managers and analysts use strategic intelligence would be useful, as would any commercial experience, but these skills are less important than the ability to build strategic relationships.
- Education must include a Bachelor’s degree at minimum.
- Foreign language aptitude and travel experience is preferred.
- Experience with intelligence operations is preferred.
- Location in Austin, Texas is preferred.
- This role may require 50%+ travel, depending on location.
Please submit your application to our applications page.
This position offers an opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment at an Austin-based firm.
Your sophisticated sense of design, strong technical skills and ability to translate concepts into strong visual images will influence everything from marketing collateral to editorial design. You are entrepreneurially minded and want a role where you can directly contribute to the success of a company. You’re interested in news and current events. You’ve been in the world of graphic design for at least three years and are looking for a new challenge where you can really make a positive impact on a department and an organization as a whole.
- Collaborate with analysts and researchers to identify visual opportunities and produce maps, charts and infographics.
- Use your excellent typography skills and editorial sense to create documents for publication.
- Work with our marketing department to produce collateral and email campaigns.
- Ability to use visuals to convey information, not decoration.
- The capacity to learn quickly and make graphics on very tight schedules
- Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and other visualization tools
- Confidence with HTML5, CSS3 and GIS preferred
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro X and Adobe After Effects a plus
Please submit your application to our applications page.
Austin-based global publishing company is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer. The ideal candidate would have programming experience, with extensive web experience. The position will involve devising, developing, and maintaining a suite of automated Q.A. tests.
We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with the team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics, world events, or are a history buff, and have an interest in working with cutting edge web and open-source technologies then this is definitely the place to be.
- Review web and mobile product requirement specifications and evaluate products to be tested
- Develop comprehensive test plans and detailed test cases from existing documentation
- Plan, conduct, monitor, document, and report on quality assurance testing
- Identify defects and track resolutions
- Compile release notes with each software deployment
- Work with product team to develop features and functionality that foster a customer-centric culture
- Estimate, prioritize, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop, and execute scripts to automate testing
Skills we're seeking:
- Experience writing Q.A. test plans
- Experience developing Q.A. test scripts, including behavior driven development (BDD) style testing, functional testing, test harness setup, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Familiarity with basic scripting in languages such as PHP, Python, etc
- Ability to work at a fast pace and learn new technologies quickly, with minimal direction
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills