Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below; please follow the instructions to our applicant page online. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications. We do not have any positions posted on Craigslist. If you have any questions about the authenticity of a job posting you find on an external site, please contact [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in working for Stratfor.
More information about living in Austin is available at www.austinnewcomeronline.com.
This position offers the opportunity to thrive in a highly entrepreneurial environment at a fast-paced Austin-based firm.
The Assistant Advertising Operations Manager supports the implementation of all online advertising plans including coordination with external 3rd parties. The Assistant Advertising Operations Manager will work on a team with other marketing personnel to improve the current in-house advertising model to achieve better revenue.
The Assistant Advertising Operations Manager will be required to have an in-depth knowledge of trafficking online advertising campaigns. The Assistant Advertising Operations Manager will work with a graphic design team and other creative departments for collation of optimal advertisements. Working with an analytics team will be critical in order to gather current data relating to campaign progress. When problems are detected with advertising, the manager will carry out analyses in order to determine the causes and correct them. The Assistant Advertising Operations Manager will carry out various tests to determine the feasibility of the success of new ads.
Core Day-To-Day Responsibilities:
- Manage all ad trafficking (in-house ads), QA, and reporting using multiple ad server technologies.
- Setup, traffic, and optimize online ad campaigns in DFP, working with ad networks to manage key assets for campaign launches
- Accountable for coordinating, uploading, activating, testing and troubleshooting creative assets and third party tags.
- Coordinate with the IT Dept and the Marketing Analyst to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving technical issues.
- Responsible for collation of data and reports on campaigns and creative from the Ad serving platforms.
- Stay abreast of current and upcoming technology product capabilities and help in developing and streamlining processes to facilitate and expedite display publisher on-boarding and case/incident tracking, as needed.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in ad serving and ad management technologies including but not limited to Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP)
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical skills with flawless attention to detail and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with competency in Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required
You are a go-getter and want a position where the sky is the limit for an aggressive individual who is, and will remain, at the top of their field. "Proactive" would be an understatement if used to describe you; you seek opportunities for growth and stop at nothing to achieve them.
You absolutely love online advertising and data, which helps you implement advertising campaigns and thrive on being able to take complex findings and communicate them in a clear and actionable format.
Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence firm that provides strategic analysis and forecasting to individuals and organizations around the world. By placing global events in a geopolitical framework, we help customers anticipate opportunities and better understand international developments.
The Business Development Associate—Inside Sales position is a sales-focused role, designed to develop and win new business. The Business Development Associate will work with Stratfor’s Custom Intelligence Services team to identify potential clients, develop an inside sales pipeline, and sell Stratfor’s products and services.
- Develop new clients by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on new or existing leads. Listen to the client, understand their requirements, and identify the appropriate solution.
- Manage renewals for existing clients.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity reports and maintaining Stratfor’s CRM database.
- Provide customer service by identifying issues, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management.
- Maintain geopolitical knowledge and expertise by working with Stratfor’s intelligence and analysis team.
- Support Stratfor’s Custom Intelligence Services department by identifying opportunities to grow existing client accounts.
- Deliver results against pre-planned revenue targets.
- 2-5 years of sales or business development experience preferred.
- Experience selling research products and consulting services preferred.
- Experience in energy, natural resources, finance, aerospace, agriculture, or technology markets preferred.
- Must have strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Must be a self-starter, who can manage their own time and work as a member of a local and virtual team.
- Foreign language aptitude and travel experience are preferred.
- Experience with intelligence operations is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- This role is located in Austin, TX.
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
The Energy Industry Client Manager position supports Stratfor’s consulting offering within the global energy sector. The role includes intensive project management for clients in the energy space as well as the update and advancement of Stratfor’s global market outlooks on E&P, midstream, oil field service and equipment providers, global gas and LNG.
- Develop Stratfor’s unique analytical capabilities, understanding how geopolitical dynamics affect the various interests of our energy clients.
- Serve as a key part of the delivery team for Stratfor’s service offerings to clients.
- Serve as the project coordinator and for client projects and client briefings.
- Support quality control for all client-facing deliverables.
- Support the growth of existing client accounts by providing excellent, high-value services.
- Produce research briefs and position papers for a wide variety of consumers in the energy space.
- Collaborate with regional and country experts, intelligence collection personnel and client account managers, providing knowledge based research across a variety of topics in the oil and gas industry.
- 5 years of experience in project management and/or research-based global energy analysis for top-level institutions, preferably in the supply-side segment.
- Deep familiarity with the decision-making processes of global energy corporations is a must, particularly in E&P.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills (written and oral).
- Foreign language aptitude and international travel experience preferred.
- Experience with intelligence operations preferred.
- Strong academic background with focus on oil and gas preferred.
- This role is located in Austin, TX.
- We expect that approximately 10% travel may be required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume (CV) to our applications page. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined above.
Stratfor's team of analysts come from extremely diverse backgrounds and share an intense passion for understanding how the world operates through a geopolitical lens. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate a high quality of mind and energy for what we do. All positions will be based out of the company headquarters in Austin, TX.
We care about how you think, not what security clearance or how many degrees you hold. To be considered for a Latin America Analyst position, you must be willing to internalize Stratfor's geopolitical methodology to make sense of the world. You must be willing to go beyond a narrow area of expertise to understand how issues connect across regions and themes. You must demonstrate both rigor and creativity in how you analyze intelligence. You must possess the intellectual discipline to regularly challenge baseline assumptions without getting your feelings hurt. And you must love this enough to live, breathe and eat the job. This is a fast-paced working environment that carries a lot of responsibility, and we need people who can not only handle the work, but who also thrive in a place where both speed and depth hold equal weight.
As an analyst, you will be responsible for processing incoming intelligence daily for service consulting clients and Stratfor's geopolitical website with consistent, forward-looking intelligence and analysis. Analysts are required to leave ideology at the door and maintain a sober approach in analyzing how the political, economic, security and social factors combine to form a forecast. In this position, you will regularly contribute articles for Stratfor's website and will deliver briefings for a variety of Stratfor clients. Candidates will thus need to demonstrate strong communication skills in both writing and speaking.
- A strong understanding of economics and finance, commodities trade and extractive industries in the region
- Depth and understanding of the key political, economic, energy, security and social trends shaping Latin America, with a focus on Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia
- Ability to construct analytical arguments with supporting evidence
- Strong research skills
- Interest and skill in writing
- A professional presence with excellent briefing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly challenging environment
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Fluency in Spanish highly preferred for this position, Portuguese is a plus
Please submit a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample to our applications page. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined above.