Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below; please follow the instructions to our applicant page online. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications. We do not have any positions posted on Craigslist. If you have any questions about the authenticity of a job posting you find on an external site, please contact [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in working for Stratfor.
More information about living in Austin is available at www.austinnewcomeronline.com.
Skills We’re Looking For:
- Front-end web application development
- Experience working collaboratively using Git and GitHub
- Experience building out responsive web designs
- Focus on quality design, usability, and user experience (UX)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with security best practices
- Familiarity with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
- Experience using Sass/Compass to generate CSS (or other CSS pre-processors, such as Less or Stylus)
- Experience working with (and preferably contributing to) open source projects
- Experience in Drupal theming (or similar content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, etc.), HTML5, CSS3, and cross-browser testing
- Experience building out responsive email campaigns
- Knowledge in: UI/UX design, mobile web and application design, Google Analytics, Unbounce, front-end frameworks, Unix basics, Vagrant, Ansible, Redmine, Node.js, A/B and multivariate testing (MVT) tools such as Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) or Google Content experiments
We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with the team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics, world events or are a history buff, then this is definitely the place to be.
- Austin based global publishing company, with a Linux and open source environment, is currently seeking a Senior System Administrator. We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You’ll work with the team to help manage the hosting environments and will be a key person in the design and implementation of our next generation sites. You will be working with the latest cutting edge web and open source technologies and will help develop a DevOps team to further streamline code pushes to production. We publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence and have hundreds of thousands of subscribers all over the world.
- Previous production hosting experience
- Experience with virtualization systems, clustered application and database server environments
- Extensive Ubuntu and/or CentOS administration
- Ability to participate in an on call rotation (WFH) to support 24x7x365 uptime of production sites
- Monitoring applications similar to Nagios, PingDom, ELK, etc
- IDS/IDP such as Dell Secure Works or Alert Logic
- Administrative shell scripting and configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Expert in technical problem solving and innovation
- Familiarity with Drupal a plus
- Experience with Graphite/Grafana, Varnish, Memcache, Nginx, CDN’s (CloudFlare), Icinga, PCI Compliance, VOIP/Asterisk, VPN, Bash, LAMP, Web Containers, Rails
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Cisco firewalls and switches
- Familiarity with security best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ecommerce experience a plus
- Disaster recovery planning and backup systems
- Not required, but a plus
- We promote employee certifications and continuing education for all employees
Please submit a cover letter and resume (CV) to our applications page. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined above.
Read more: Career Opportunities | Stratfor
Stratfor's team of analysts come from extremely diverse backgrounds and share an intense passion for understanding how the world operates through a geopolitical lens. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate a high quality of mind and energy for what we do.
The science and technology area of responsibility covers a wide range of topics. The department strives to understand the technical nuances of a technology or sector. By overlapping this knowledge and understanding with Stratfor's geopolitical method, the department helps provide a better understanding of how existing technologies and developing technologies reshape the map, as well as how geopolitical factors influence the distribution, diffusion and adoption of different technologies. Our area of responsibility covers both existing and emerging technologies. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to: advanced manufacturing, biotechnology, energy and energy storage technologies, advancements in computing and encryption, space technology, agricultural trends, water scarcity, and climate change.
Responsibilities will include processing incoming intelligence daily for service consulting clients and Stratfor's geopolitical website with consistent, forward-looking intelligence and analysis. Analysts are required to leave ideology at the door and maintain a sober approach in analyzing how the political, economic, security and social factors combine to form a forecast. In this position, you will regularly contribute articles for Stratfor's website and will deliver briefings for a variety of Stratfor clients. Candidates will thus need to demonstrate strong communication skills in both writing and speaking.
- BA/BS in engineering or the physical sciences (Any discipline acceptable, Cross-discipline is an added bonus)
- Graduate Degree or 2+ years industrial experience a plus
- Ability to explain complex concepts to an audience with limited technical background
- Interest and skill in writing
- A professional presence with excellent briefing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly challenging environment
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly process information beyond specific area of expertise
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
Please submit a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample to our applications page. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined above.