Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below, but if you would like to send your résumé (CV) along with a cover letter outlining your interest in Stratfor, we can keep you on file. Please list which role you may be interested in on the subject line of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications. Thank you for your interest in Stratfor.
More information about living in Austin is available at www.austinnewcomeronline.com.
Stratfor is seeking an experienced online marketer to make a significant impact on one of Austin’s most exciting emerging companies. Ideal professional is experienced in all facets of online marketing including, but not limited to, SEM, SEO, email, affiliate and social. Responsible for growing the company's publishing revenue by driving and optimizing traffic to its website via SEM & SEO, email, affiliate and social marketing and the structuring of content integration partnerships. Candidate must have a strong knowledge of SEO/SEM, web and email analytics and A/B testing.
- Manage (and build) a small but "mission-critical" team focused on driving sales for our subscription-based website
- Prioritize, measure and allocate budget to multiple marketing initiatives (SEO, SEM, Email, Display, Social, etc) — with a very small team
- Have keen awareness of conversion, retention, renewal rates and eCPA
- Design & test strategies specifically for email marketing channel and refine creative assets to optimize results
- Provide executives with dashboard covering all sales funnels, as they track against your forecast
- Manage full life cycle of integrated marketing and sales campaigns- from conceptualization to execution
- Develop and oversee measurement tools and infrastructure to track the performance of all online marketing programs
- Identify new marketing / content distribution opportunities to move beyond incremental improvements and significantly grow the brand. Lead any market research initiatives
- Seek out and manage relationships with Partners, as related to expanding readership and growing sales
- Project ROI for sales initiatives and build into monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
- Take full ownership of Website Sales P&L
- Drive a unified message across all platforms, including website sales and custom client solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related area
- 4+ years of online marketing experience
- Must have experience leading multi-channel integrated marketing campaigns including online, traditional and PR
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute online marketing programs to site traffic and profit growth (SEO, SEM, email, social)
- Demonstrated ability to combine quantitative & qualitative analysis in measuring ROI, and clearly report successes and failures to Executives
- Experience working cross functionally with Product, IT, Finance & Strategy teams
- Ability to recognize and anticipate business trends and opportunities and respond quickly
- Eye for recognizing strong web design, including Calls to Action and customer process flow
- Must possess strong oral and written communications skills
- Confidence working with and presenting to senior level executives
- Experience working with successful organizations in different start-up stages preferred
- Strong Excel & Power Point skills
- Willingness and ability to be “hands on” as a backup or to increase team capacity
- Degree or solid experience in Statistics / Statistical Analysis a plus
- Experience with B2B / Lead Generation / multi-touch sales funnels a plus
- Experience in Subscription/ Paywall ecommerce preferred
To apply to this position, please send your resume and cover letter, along with salary expectations to email@example.com
The Analyst Development Program offers associates (ADPs) from around the globe an opportunity to learn from Stratfor's analysts and intelligence professionals. ADPs play a critical role in analyzing and interpreting world events as well as contributing to client and subscriber products. They also receive hands-on experience in intelligence collection and analysis and forecasting methods. The Analyst Development Program is the primary way candidates become employed as analysts -- many of our current employees got their starts as ADPs.
Applicants are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds and interests, including international relations, global trade, economics, technological innovation, engineering and science. We encourage applicants of diverse educational and professional backgrounds to apply.
The three-month Analyst Development Program is unpaid but stipends are provided. The recruits will be expected to come to Austin, Texas, for three months and work full time. Successful candidates will be, at a minimum, in their junior or senior year of university education. Please note that many participants are further into their professional careers.
How to apply to the Fall Analyst Development Program (Sept. 3, 2013-Nov. 26, 2013):
Resumes and cover letters are due by May 13, 2013, for the Fall program. Please send a cover letter and résumé (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Cover letters should be addressed to the ADP Selection Committee and should be no more than 500 words explaining why you want to work for Stratfor and what you specifically can contribute.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by May 17, 2013. Unfortunately, not every applicant will be contacted due to the large number of applications received.
Because of the high level of interest in the program, we are unable to respond to individual queries about program specifics at this time.
Please be prepared to provide documentation proving past experiences and qualifications, as there will be an extensive background check.
We also anticipate having ADP sessions open during February-April and June-August of 2014. Please visit our Careers site for developing details on these sessions.
Stratfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.