Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below, but if you would like to send your resume (CV) along with a cover letter outlining your interest in Stratfor, we can keep you on file. Please list which role you may be interested in on the subject line of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications. Thank you for your interest in Stratfor.
More information about living in Austin is available at www.austinnewcomeronline.com.
The CFO reports to the CEO and oversees an Accounting Manager, accounting staff and Director of HR. Other key interfaces include COO, CIO, Board of Directors, CPA firms and outside investors.
The primary responsibility of the CFO is to work with the local senior management and the Chairman to develop and plan the financial goals, objectives and strategies of the company and to execute these plans with discipline. Additional responsibilities include developing and maintaining a process of identifying, measuring, analyzing, interpreting and communicating financial information to be used to plan, evaluate and control the company's resources.
These responsibilities require the CFO to work effectively with other senior managers, outside auditors, and the company's financial institutions. S/he will have the ability to quickly and effectively react to the changing needs of a growing company in a results-driven environment. The CFO will exhibit an exceptional capacity for managing and leading people to foster an environment of accountability, collaboration and innovation. This is a roll-up-your-sleeves role that will require the successful candidate to get into the tactical at times due to the organization's lean accounting and HR staff.
- Provide corporate financial governance, leadership and credibility (internally and externally) based on superior business acumen and integrity.
- Provide overall direction for the effective recording, analyzing and reporting of all financial results, encompassing budgeting, planning, analysis, consolidated financial reporting, taxes, cost accounting, systems and banking.
- Develop, forecast, analyze and interpret accounting and statistical information, and report operating results relating to costs, budget groups and increased profit opportunities.
- Complete monthly and long-term financial plans including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow projections, capital plan expenditures, profit-and-loss analysis, contingency plans, department budgets and forecasts.
- Advise and counsel senior management on interpretation of operating results and trends in a timely manner. Recommend and initiate counter measures where required.
- Monitor financial controls for adequacy and recommend procedural and process improvements to optimize operational support and customer service. Proactively address any weaknesses.
- Assess existing staff and systems, and recommend enhancements necessary to ensure the highest quality financial and accounting function.
- Participate in the annual strategic planning process, providing financial input to the development of objectives and tactics, translating strategies into operational objectives and projects, and bringing them to a close.
- Lead effectively. Hire qualified team members to meet requirements, train team members, provide direction, give frequent performance-related feedback and monitor results. Possess excellent inter-personal skills, a forward-looking approach to business, and possess the company's values of integrity, initiative, honesty and teamwork.
- Collaborate with the COO in purchasing, hiring and capital expenditures to ensure effective utilization of company resources.
- Provide financial and administrative consultation to the management team regarding cash management, profit projections, acquisitions, taxes and tax-related issues, with other special projects as requested.
- Coordinate with General Counsel on all legal and compliance matters, including maintenance of compliance programs focused on insider trading and FCPA compliance.
- Expertise in financial planning and analysis involving operational financial statements, where developing and using effective financial plans is a significant part of the culture.
- Broad exposure to all fundamental financial and accounting disciplines including financial planning, reporting, auditing, cash management, cost accounting, credit, payroll, budgeting and analysis.
- Expertise in the use of Quickbooks is preferred, and expertise in transitioning from Quickbooks to a more refined accounting system is a plus.
- Previous experience with a private equity-held entity in a leadership role is preferred.
The fully qualified candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in accounting and a CPA certification.
Stratfor's Custom Intelligence Services (CIS) group works with fund managers and senior executives of global multinational corporations, financial institutions, as well as government agencies and premier universities around the world. We support our clients with four primary offerings: advisory services, research products, enterprise content and keynote speeches.
The Business Development Manager is a sales-focused role, designed to develop and win new business. The Business Development Manager will work with the CIS team to identify potential clients, develop a sales pipeline and sell Stratfor's products and services.
- Develop new clients by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on new or existing leads.
- Listen to the client, understand their requirements and identify the appropriate solution.
- Manage renewals for existing clients.
- Develop and lead sales campaigns to target specific industries with relevant solutions.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity reports and maintaining Stratfor's CRM database.
- Provide customer service by identifying issues, developing solutions and making recommendations to management.
- Maintain geopolitical knowledge and expertise by working with Stratfor's intelligence and analysis team.
- Deliver results against pre-planned revenue targets.
- 5-10 years of sales business development experience preferred.
- Experience selling research products and consulting services preferred.
- Experience in energy, natural resources, finance, aerospace, agriculture or technology markets preferred.
- Must have strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Must be a self-starter who can manage their own time and work as a member of a local and virtual team.
- Foreign language aptitude and travel experience are preferred.
- Experience with intelligence operations is preferred.
- Education should include a Bachelor's degree at minimum.
- This role is located in Austin, TX.
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence firm that provides strategic analysis and forecasting to individuals and organizations around the world. By placing global events in a geopolitical framework, we help customers anticipate opportunities and better understand international developments.
Please send a brief cover letter of no more than 400 words and your resume/CV to email@example.com.
Please be prepared to provide documentation proving past experiences and qualifications, as there will be an extensive background check.
Stratfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Stratfor's team of analysts come from extremely diverse backgrounds, but share an intense passion for understanding how the world operates through a geopolitical lens. Stratfor is taking applications on a rolling basis to scout out candidates that demonstrate a high quality of mind and energy for what we do. As we build out our team of analysts, openings will become available. If you are a prime analyst candidate for Stratfor, make sure we have your resume in our database to call on you when that opportunity arises.
We care about how you think, not what security clearance or how many degrees you hold. To be considered for an Analyst position, you must be willing to internalize Stratfor's geopolitical methodology to make sense of the world. You must demonstrate both rigor and creativity in how you analyze intelligence. You must possess the intellectual discipline to regularly challenge baseline assumptions without getting your feelings hurt. And you must love this enough to live, breathe and eat the job. This is a fast-paced working environment that carries a lot of responsibility, and we need people who can not only handle the work but also thrive in a place where both speed and depth hold equal weight.
As an analyst, you will be responsible for processing incoming intelligence daily to service consulting clients and Stratfor's geopolitical website with consistent, forward-looking intelligence and analysis. Analysts are required to leave ideology at the door and maintain a sober approach in analyzing how the political, economic, security and social factors combine to form a forecast. In this position, you will regularly contribute articles for Stratfor's website and will deliver briefings for a variety of Stratfor clients. Candidates will thus need to demonstrate strong communication skills in writing and speaking.
Analysts are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds and interests, including international relations, global trade, economics, technological innovation, engineering and science. We encourage people of diverse educational and professional backgrounds to apply. Please highlight your language skills, relevant experience and regional/thematic focus in your application.
Please send a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined above. If selected to move forward in the process, a member of our team will contact you. Due to the large number of applicants, we are unable to respond to individual queries at this time.
Currently Seeking: Middle East Analyst
- Depth in Middle Eastern political, business, economic, security and social issues
- A strong handle on energy dynamics pertinent to the region
- Interest and skill in writing
- A professional presence with excellent briefing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly challenging environment
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Foreign language skills in Arabic, Turkish and/or Farsi a plus