Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below, but if you would like to send your resume (CV) along with a cover letter outlining your interest in Stratfor, we can keep you on file. Please list which role you may be interested in on the subject line of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications. Thank you for your interest in Stratfor.
- LAMP Developer
- Senior Account Executive, Energy & Natural Resources
- Latin America Analyst
- Analyst Development Program
More information about living in Austin is available at www.austinnewcomeronline.com.
Austin based global publishing company, with a LAMP and open source environment, is currently seeking a LAMP Developer with Drupal-specific experience. We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with the team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics, world events, or are a history buff, then this is definitely the place to be.
Skills we're looking for:
- Knowledge of Drupal site building and module development
- Background in web development using the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- Familiarity working collaboratively using Git
- An emphasis on code quality and stability through QA and testing
- Experience working with (and preferably contributing to) open source projects
- An appreciation for quality design, usability,and user experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Focus on security and maintainability
- Excellent attention to detail
- E-commerce and web service experience are big pluses
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Consider providing links to sites and/or open source projects you've worked on, along with a description of your contribution.
Stratfor is the world's premier geopolitical intelligence firm servicing a wide range of private, corporate and governmental clients. We have three primary intelligence delivery channels: (i) digital media including subscription services, region/country/industry specific products and associated publications, (ii) multi-client media including specialized print and presentation collateral for multiple clients within a given vertical, and (iii) Custom Intelligence Services (CIS) which is our high end focused intelligence consulting services targeted at C level executives, regional governmental officials and other public and private sectors leaders.
The purpose of the Senior Account Executive role is to expand and broaden current client business, generate leads from potential new clients and drive a step-change in CIS growth from senior energy and natural resources clients. This strategic role includes growing and servicing the client base, sourcing and facilitating transactions between the firm's clients and targeted assets, and identifying specific global investment opportunities for our partners. The successful candidate for this role will have a unique opportunity to gain direct experience in strategic account planning, engaging with and advising public and private global leaders and in shaping global transactions.
CIS, as it's name implies, provides a wide range of customized real-time intelligence services as well as direct access to our analysts through three primary deliverable streams: focused briefings, strategic monitoring and custom projects.
Executive Briefings include comprehensive analysis delivered by our analysts focused on unique client issues specific to an intelligence topic or geographic region. Analysts are also available for additional follow-up counsel and Q&A.
Strategic Monitoring includes real-time, proactive intelligence monitoring that aligns with client's countries of operation and investment initiatives. In-depth monitoring can be customized for any number of countries or regions. Offerings include Monthly Forecasts, Daily Intelligence Alerts and direct access to our intelligence team and global networks.
Custom Projects leverage our intelligence team and global network of contacts to offer advice that informs clients' global business strategies and investments. Each project provides in-depth intelligence, analysis and forecasts tailored to client priorities and supports their ability to operate effectively and grow their businesses in complex regions around the world. Deliverables can include Country Profiles, Forecasts, Business Risk and Security Assessments, Due Diligence investigations and White Papers.
The Senior Account Executive role will be expected to work with our competitive analysts to identify and prioritize potential clients, develop engagement strategies, establish and develop relationships with key clients, develop a sales pipeline and translate developmental discussions about our offerings into increased CIS contract volume
- Responsible for fully understanding the client's business strategy and then translating and aligning our business strategy along with the current available technical, analytical and intelligence resource capabilities to create long term value for CIS clients.
- Responsible for the development, sign-off and delivery of the strategic key account plan. The account plan details the strategic key account strategy, the expected revenues and margins, and the deliverables in pursuit of the key account strategy.
- Directly identifies and develops business opportunities with strategic key accounts; develops and sustains a robust pipeline of deals and closes large, profitable, deals to achieve or exceed agreed sales targets.
- Responsible for the overall relationship with strategic key accounts. The Senior Account Executive acts as the primary contact for the client at the senior executive level and is the custodian of the total customer stakeholder relationship map. The Lead Account Executive independently initiates, earns and maintains status as the clients' senior executive management strategic advisor; delivers compelling proposals to the C- Level Suite; and provides coaching to the clients' senior executive management.
- Develops opportunities for other delivery channels including digital media, multi-client and presentation opportunities.
- Accountable for regularly informing and updating the VP of CIS and CEO on account progress and issues and for reporting significant changes in account status.
- Responsible for the leadership, management, and performance of professionals around client needs at pre-sales, proposal, and delivery stages.
- Is able to negotiate non-standard terms and conditions as required for complex multi-functional intelligence engagements and leading contract negotiations with customers.
- Responsible for the management of the Sales Acquisition Budget for business development effort expended on key accounts, including the costs of scouting programs incurred in developing the prospect to major account status as well as the Delivery Budget for the costs incurred for delivery of each deal.
- Ensures Key Account Customer Satisfaction to develop future business opportunities and provides appropriate and timely feedback to internal delivery groups to enable them to react positively to customer issues and to enhance products and services for continuous improvement and maintaining market differentiation.
- Engage and secure mandates for third party key account sales activities from Vice President of CIS and internal leadership.
- Time zone difference and geographic distance from internal resources globally. Requires excellent communication and engagement skills in working remotely with analytical and technical disciplines and a variety of cultures.
- Lead, develop, & deliver a step change in the sales of new major integrated offerings and value propositions to 3rd Party Strategic Key Accounts.
- Develop and sustain close relationships at the most senior levels (CEO, CFO, COO, CSO, etc.) in 3rd Party Strategic Accounts.
- Time Management: $0.5-1.0 million deal closure on average takes 3-6 months, whilst managing key internal resources and the fact that business travel can be extensive at times.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 10-12 years of experience in the energy/oil and gas and/or consulting industry.
- Should have a proven track record of selling consulting services, engaging with C-level, C minus one and C minus two level executives.
- Must have strong executive presence, strong oral and written communication abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Should have strong commercial skills, the ability to visualize, describe and structure deals, solid understanding of financial modeling and economics and be conversant with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Education should include a business or engineering degree at minimum, with an MBA being desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of how energy companies use strategic intelligence would be useful, as would any commercial experience, but these are less important than strategic relationship building skills.
- Must be a self-starter, who can manage their own time and work as a member of a local and virtual team.
- Some work will require short turn-around times to conclude tactical sales, while other work will have longer sale cycles, but the ability to develop relationships and leverage per collateral and expertise into saleable consulting services is critical.
At Stratfor, we look for high quality of mind and energy in analysts: Can you internalize Stratfor's geopolitical methodology to make sense of the world? Do you demonstrate both rigor and creativity in how you analyze intelligence? Do you possess the intellectual discipline to regularly challenge your baseline assumptions? Do you thrive in a fast-paced working environment?
As an analyst, you will be responsible for processing incoming intelligence daily to service consulting clients and Stratfor's geopolitical website with consistent, forward looking intelligence and analysis of Latin American affairs. Analysts are required to leave ideology at the door and maintain a sober approach in analyzing how the political, economic, security and social factors combine to form a forecast. In this position, you will regularly contribute articles for Stratfor's website, and will deliver briefings for a variety of Stratfor clients.
- Depth in Latin American political, business and economic issues
- Strong understanding of basic economic principles
- Strong writing skills
- A professional presence with excellent briefing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging environment
- Comfort working under tight deadlines
The Analyst Development Program offers associates (ADPs) from around the globe an opportunity to learn from Stratfor's analysts and intelligence professionals. ADPs play a critical role in analyzing and interpreting world events as well as contributing to client and subscriber products. They also receive hands-on experience in intelligence collection and analysis and forecasting methods. The Analyst Development Program is the primary way candidates become employed as analysts -- many of our current employees got their starts as ADPs.
Applicants are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds and interests, including international relations, global trade, economics, technological innovation, engineering and science. We encourage applicants of diverse educational and professional backgrounds to apply.
The three-month Analyst Development Program is unpaid but stipends are provided as well as a transportation allowance. The recruits will be expected to come to Austin, Texas, for three months and be fully engaged onsite. Successful candidates will be, at a minimum, in their junior or senior year of university education. Please note that many participants are further into their professional careers.
Resumes and cover letters are due by the application deadline listed below. Please send a cover letter and resume (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters should be addressed to the ADP Selection Committee and should be no more than 500 words explaining why you want to work for Stratfor and what you specifically can contribute. If selected to move forward in the process, you will be contacted within two weeks of the application deadline. Due to the large number of applicants, we are unable to respond to individual queries about program specifics at this time.
Please be prepared to provide documentation proving past experiences and qualifications, as there will be an extensive background check.
Stratfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.