Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence firm that provides strategic analysis and forecasting to individuals and organizations around the world. By placing global events in a geopolitical framework, we help customers anticipate opportunities and better understand international developments.
We have two core offerings: Online subscriptions and custom consulting services. Subscribers gain a thorough understanding of world events through full access to our analysis, published around the clock. Clients get direct access to our analysts and to our global networks, enabling them to better assess geopolitical risk, make strategic investments and expand into challenging regions.
Best-selling author George Friedman founded Stratfor in 1996 to bring customers an incisive new approach to examining world affairs. Under his direction, Stratfor taps into a worldwide network of contacts and mines vast amounts of open-source information. Analysts then interpret the information by looking through the objective lens of geopolitics to determine how developments affect different regions, industries and markets.
Stratfor's vision is to be the foremost provider of predictive geopolitical-based intelligence services.
Stratfor's core philosophy is that transformative geopolitical events are neither random nor unpredictable. Building on nearly 20 years of experience as the world's premier geopolitical intelligence firm, Stratfor develops constraint-based narratives for key trends around the globe — placing today's events in context and forecasting tomorrow's new developments well before they appear in the headlines.
Stratfor's mission is to help clients navigate the complexities of geopolitical issues by producing high-quality forecasts, intelligence reports and actionable insight, allowing them to make better strategic decisions and enhance success.
The success of Stratfor's predictive intelligence service relies on the interplay between its global team of highly qualified analysts and Stratfor's proprietary network of sources and country experts. The analytic team is focused on the needs of Stratfor's clients and subscribers, to ensure the intelligence provided is timely, relevant and — above all else — actionable.
The Stratfor Difference
- Analysis and forecasting capabilities for more than 175 countries
- Unparalleled expertise in the world’s most complex environments
- Clients get direct access to a team of experts, including:
- George Friedman, author of The New York Times best-seller The Next 100 Years
- Robert D. Kaplan, best-selling author of 14 books, including Revenge of Geography
- Fred Burton, former counterterrorism agent and author of The New York Times best-seller Under Fire
- 16 years of accurate forecasting, using proven geopolitical methodology
- Multinational professionals who speak 29 languages and live in every region
- Trusted partner of leading Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, natural resource firms, nonprofits and high-net worth individuals
- Proven track record maximizing investment opportunities
- No political agenda and no national bias