Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence firm that provides strategic analysis and forecasting to individuals and organizations around the world. By placing global events in a geopolitical framework, we help customers anticipate opportunities and better understand international developments.
We have two core offerings: Online subscriptions and custom consulting services. Subscribers gain a thorough understanding of world events through full access to our analysis, published around the clock. Clients get direct access to our analysts and to our global networks, enabling them to better assess geopolitical risk, make strategic investments and expand into challenging regions.
Best-selling author George Friedman founded Stratfor in 1996 to bring customers an incisive new approach to examining world affairs. Under his direction, Stratfor taps into a worldwide network of contacts and mines vast amounts of open-source information. Analysts then interpret the information by looking through the objective lens of geopolitics to determine how developments affect different regions, industries and markets.
The Stratfor Difference
- Analysis and forecasting capabilities for more than 200 countries
- Unparalleled expertise in the world’s most complex environments
- Clients get direct access to a team of experts, including:
- George Friedman, author of New York Times best-seller The Next 100 Years
- Robert D. Kaplan, best-selling author of 14 books, including Revenge of Geography
- Fred Burton, former counterterrorism agent and author of Under Fire
- 16 years of accurate forecasting, using proven geopolitical methodology
- Multinational professionals who speak 29 languages and live in every region
- Trusted partner of leading Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, natural resource firms, non-profits and high-net worth individuals
- Proven track record maximizing investment opportunities
- No political agenda, no national bias and no advertisers